Monday, February 27, 2012

March already?

Well February just came and went. Wowza. I noticed I haven't posted in almost a month. That's unusual for me as I often have things to talk about. Ask anyone. I talk like crazy.

But February has been a tough month. The weather has been stellar. Although I want to have some snow. I heard a rumor we were supposed to get 12 inches tomorrow to Wednesday. We shall see.

My dad had his surgery to remove the colon cancer. It was seemingly a success. Although the surgery itself lasted 3 times what it should have due to "complications". Whatever those are. I imagine the surgeon just wanted a cocktail break. I would if I was elbow deep in someone's shit.

But recovery went NOT as planned. My dad ended up staying in the hospital for a full 2 weeks. He developed infections. Which I hear is what happens in hospitals. They say that one of the infections he had "spreads like wildfire in hospitals." I say WHAT THE FUCK! You're in the hospital to heal, not develop ebola. But whatever. He's home now and doing well.

My mom had a rough time with the surgery and the subsequent recovery time. Thankfully she was able to pull her shit together to and deal. But that didn't come until he was home. Safe and sound.

I haven't had much occasion to take photos of the kidlets either. I'm a bad mom now. I barely take snaps of them here and there with my iPhone. And those go straight to facebook. Next time you see a photo of them, it will be their highschool graduation. Or prison mug shot.

Coming up soon we have our Korea reunion. 7 years celebration. Holy crap. I love it. Maybe I'll have photos to share then. It will be tons of Koreans.

But I just have given up on posting any of the photos from Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, or anything else since the last time I took my camera out of it's case.

Dinner was highly entertaining tonight. We had pasta with italian sausage and kale. Claire did not care for the kale. Miles, he looked like I was slowly poisoning him from his mouth to his toes. He spit it out and shook his head. And then said to me, "uh uh". Resolution had set itself in. Miles was/is never going to eat kale. Oh well. I keep trying.

I went to Ryan and my old roommates wedding this winter. Here's a photo of me, Claire, BFF and Goddaughter. We did the bathroom photo. Claire looks smooshed.


And we have Claire's writers workshop from Kindergarten this past month. It says, "My brother screams like a girl." Can you feel the love?


Happy Leap Year!!!!

PS BFF I look taller than you. FINALLY!

No comments: