Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I had no idea.

I didn't know, when you hired people to do stuff, construction wise to your house, that they work on their OWN schedule.

I thought if you paid someone to do the work, it was in your time frame. Not so much. It gets frustrating and annoying and my patience is running thin. But I have to say..things are looking beautiful.

The only work that has been on time is the floor installation, and Ryan. Ha ha..Ryan. My computer geek of a husband has hung cabinets like a crazy man. He and my father in law worked like mad and they are done and they look fan-freaking-tastic. Now...the floors he did not do. I told him if he attempted to do that, we would most likely fight. A lot. And the house is really echo-y right now because of the cathedral ceilings and the no carpet floors. There would not only be fighting, but LOUD fighting. So he agreed to have someone else do them.

And let me say....our floor guys are awesome. I love our new floors. They are stunning. Aside from that though..ugh..delay delay delay. One guy even told me he was going to "cut out early" because his band has a show. WHAT?!?! I don't care! Get my freaking stuff done dude! Unless you're famous and doing work on the side, cause you want to know what it's like to be a "real person" get the shit done. Seriously.

Here's the kitchen before. It looks like a grandma kitchen kinda. We are slowly working our way out of the 1990's.


More to come when we're done. But that's probably not for at least another 3-4 shows. Because CLEARLY the dude has to rock!

2 comments:

McVal said...

WOW! You got a rock star for a floor installer??! That is awe.some...
Good luck! I grew up in the middle of a house remodeling project... Seriously... In the time we lived in one house from 2nd grade until I graduated college, the kitchen was in 5 different places in the house. My parents just don't know how to leave a wall alone...

SJT said...

We did remove a wall. I was happy to see it go. Now if I could just figure out how to wash my baking sheets in the bathroom sink, we'd be in business.