Monday, June 11, 2012

Wanna see something REALLY gross?

As you know from a previous post, my parents have um.....eh......hem.....issues with throwing things out. Not so much issues, as it is virtually impossible for my dad to toss things out, and my mom keeps buying things. We call her a shopaholic.

Yesterday my sister Cindi and I were at my parents place to hang out and have dinner. I was making dinner and Cindi found her way into my mom's spice cabinet after I asked her for some pepper. It was an un-fucking-believeable-hot-mess.

Cindi must have tossed about 60 different old expired spices out. Spices that had clearly been there since before the dawn of time.  She also found 5 unopened bottles of Vanilla extract. Why 5? I have no idea. I can't even begin to tell you about the jam and jelly problem that my mom has, but that's a whole other post entirely.

But I found this one.

Most likely circa 1960's or 1970's. Because you KNOW that photo was hand painted with watercolor. NO one carries this shit anymore. NO ONE!

While I was snapping the photo with my cell phone, Cindi and I were laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table laughing, crying, coughing, and yelling, "SJT! You better not blog about this!!!!"

Eh. Can't help myself I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this. Totally had the same experience when my parents moved.