Friday, April 4, 2014

This is my life.

The spring had sprung. And the snow was leaving us. However, we got a dumping of about 9 inches here last night. I'm ok with this. I don't hate winter and cold like everyone else. We don't try and "get away" in the winter time. I like it. That's why I live in MN.

Sadly being "cooped" up in the house for a few months really makes for messy bedrooms, unorganized thoughts and spaces, and well just all around ddddduuuuuuhhhhhness.
But for some reason, the snow made my kids EXTRA special this morning.

KIDS: Is it a snow day?!?!?!

ME: No.

KIDS: LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum......(this is them not doing a damn thing to get ready for school)

ME: Brush your teeth you guys. (you don't want to KNOW how many times I told them to get dressed, eat breakfast, get their backpacks ready, clear their breakfast dishes, etc. you get it)

KIDS: Are you sure it's not a snow day?

ME: BRUSH YOUR TEETH!

CLAIRE: I can't find my toothbrush.

ME: WHAT? WHERE IS IT?

CLAIRE: I don't know.....LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum

MILES: I can't find it mom.

ME: Miles! Brush YOUR teeth!

MILES: LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum

ME: Seriously?!?!

KIDS: LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum I bet it's going to be a snow day.

ME: Get moving! Get your backpacks ready!

KIDS: THEY ARE! *deep sigh from Claire* LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum

(they aren't)

ME: You guys! Dad's waiting for you outside!!!

KIDS: LaDeeDaDeeDaDeeDum Oh ok.

KIDS: By mom! Love you!

ME: AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Yeah...so that happened this morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not a snow day? At least you had school, we were off for conferences....
Extra toothbrushes should be in your shopping cart.
You always make me laugh!