Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick sickity sick sick sick


The Teepants household is under siege. Three quarters of us are sick. And what is the best part of this you ask? The one quarter of us who is NOT sick is a three year old who can't drive, shop, clean, or entertain herself apparently.

I mean there is only so much Dora one family can handle. Although Ryan is happily clapping and singing along. Weird. I think he must have a fever.

It all started with me last weekend. I started to feel a little off on Sunday night, but it could have been cause of the game. Boo-urns. But sure enough...Monday morning, I was sick. Full blown sick. But at least there was no cough.

Ha. And then Tuesday the cough that keeps you up at night, reared it's ugly head. Yuck. Poor Claire didn't get to go to school this week, because I could hardly see straight let alone drive all day. Poor kid. Miles did get to go to school for 2 days before his cold kicked in. Then he got the cough and the stuffy head. All along, Ryan was telling me he was sick too.

I didn't notice him being sick. He was running in the morning like he always does, and seemed ok when he got home from work. Then last night after he went to Miles' conferences, and grocery shopping, he crashed. Sick.

So now he is home today too. We are all home. Keeping each other nice and sick.

The worst part is, Claire is NOT sick in the slightest. We all have very little sleep (for once, not because of her). And she has slept the night away. So the monster is raring to go. Ugh.

This cold thing-y should only last a few more days right? Cause we can handle only so much togetherness. And I mean TOGETHERNESS. In the living room. Watching Dora. Stepping on Legos. Coughing up our lungs. Together. *cough cough*

No comments: