Monday, April 5, 2010

I don't like repetition.

I'm here at the Mayo Clinic AGAIN. For the second week in a row. Only this time, I'm driving back and forth every day. It's like that movie Groundhog Day. Only worse. Cause there's medical procedures going on.

Not horrible. But I only spend a total of 1 hour with my doctor a day this week.

I drive 3 hours total here and back. I meet with my physician for two 30 minute sessions. And then I sit and wait in between
sessions for 4 hours. I don't like this schedule.

It seems like a monumental waste of my time. You'd think I would take this opportunity to revel in the silence, and the "alone time", but it's not like that.

I'm in a hospital. One of the most popular in the US, and there are sick folks everywhere. People coughing, people sneezing, people barfing....etc...you get it. People staring at me...cause I couldn't look anymore bored.

Upside, if you ever need to be here, I know where the best and cleanest restrooms are. And tip of the day? Wear tennis shoes. The only people not wearing tennis shoes here are employees who have to "dress up", or women who want to attract doctors. And yes...there are plenty of "those" here.

I don't know where I'm going with this...

Oh yeah...I'm here. AGAIN.

No comments: