Thursday, April 8, 2010

Positive thinking better frickin' work


I met with my doctor today. He's the head of the Hepatology Department at Mayo. I have to go for more tests.

I most likely will have to have some major surgery. They call it a liver resection. It's a fancy way of saying...we're cutting up your liver and we will serve it with bacon and fried onions.

The cyst is bigger than originally thought, and it looks like Mickey Mouse. How damn adorable. *sigh* Ryan said we could keep the cyst and the kids would love to have it. Mickey Mouse shaped and all.

Either way...I'm not a super religious person....clearly. But I will pray, beg, pray, and beg some more to NOT have to have this surgery. It requires "several months" of recovery. Whoever decided it would take that long, doesn't have little kids.

I think I can put it off for a year or so. If I'm lucky maybe I won't have to have it at all. At least that's what "I" think.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Well.. I'm a fairly religious person. I'll pray that you don't have to go thru with it, but if you should, then let the recovery time blow the socks off the doctors estimate!