Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Don't like it one bit!

So...I'm my sister's guardian. She's 35 and has special needs. And FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS FUCKING GOOD IN THIS WORLD, her group home staff are a bunch of fuck nuts.

I get calls all the time for stupid shit. I mean the dumbest things. "How much money can A take out for lunches this week?" And my standard answer is "how much does she USUALLY take out, every single week that you never call me?"

GAH!

Last night, it was boyfriend things, birthday party things, and the like. After 2 hours of being on the phone with her program director, her work place, and my sister, I was ready to just tell everyone, "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE!"

But in the real world, that's not allowable.

My sister is pretty high functioning. And in real people talk, she doesn't seem to have any disabilities. But she does. And after a bit of talking with her, you too will realize she's functioning at about a 12 year old. Yep. I am guardian of a perpetual pre teen. Hormones and all. And she LOVES her some boys.

But with this, she also has a lot of things working against her in the dating world. She IS a 35 year old WOMAN. And so once in a while her staff seem to forget that she is in the group home for a reason. And things happen that shouldn't. Like for instance, her dating a man she dated when she was 19 and it was ALL KINDS OF MESSED UP. It was bad. Really bad. Let's just say my sister didn't walk away unscathed. But recently it's been brought to my attention that she is currently working with said young man. And is once again scheming to see him outside of the house.

My sister is a danger to herself. You can pretty much talk her into anything. And so she is never to be left alone. She has what the county states, "24 hour staffed supervision". This means...she is NEVER out of anyone's sight. And now her staff is telling me she's been dating this dude.

It's bad. And I can't "really" keep her from dating him. But seriously. She's a sneaky one. And I know there's trouble brewing. Something somewhere is going to happen. And the worst part is...her group home and her workplace are going to suffer the brunt of it. But I've warned as many people of what is happening as I can.

I'm being pretty vague. And you can completely understand why. But UGH! I don't like where things are headed. I don't like it at all.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Oh wow. I'm so sorry! Perpetual preteen... I've got a preteen and already pull my hair out at times. The mood swings are atrocious!
But then again.. with what you've said, I have no idea what you're going through.