Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just not me

Not feeling very bloggy lately. Ryan's been gone for what's going on 5 weeks now. Home on the weekends. But...I'm overwhelmed, and tired. And for some reason, Claire has decided to skip 4 years old and land right into her teen years.

Example:

Claire was mad at me for after telling her to go wash her hands before lunch. She stomped into the bathroom, and proceeded to open and SLAM it shut. 6 times in succession. When I stopped in the hallway to see what she was doing, I said, "Claire...what are you doing?" She told me this, "I'm slamming the door cause I'm MAD AT YOU!!!!" Then she kicked the door shut in my face.

She's fucking four.

That is how it's been. Miles has kept to himself with the occasional, "tear up" because things are just that shitty here once in a while.

Oh my. I am trying not to be "that mom". You know the one who freaks out at the drop of a hat. But seriously. A person can only take so much..and on average 4 hours of sleep a night.

I give credit where serious credit is due. Single parents. Kudos. I don't know how you do it. I don't like. I don't want it. I actually LOATHE it.

On the upside, we had a perfect fall day on Sunday with friends. Apple Orchard and major comfort food for dinner. And then it started all over again. Ryan left at 4:20am Monday morning.

I will be in the half way house sooner than later if this continues.

1 comment:

McVal said...

I am like this whenever my husband is out of town too. I feel like an unwed mother. Man! It's got to be hard to do this ALL the time!