Saturday, November 13, 2010

37 today. *sigh*


Things I did/am doing on and around my 37th birthday. In chronological order.

~ Meet up with 12 amazing women. Drink. Eat. Play inappropriate board games. Win inappropriate gift for being 5th in the door. Laugh. Hug. Laugh. Drive home in a blizzard at 2am.

~ Wake up to a 4 year old yelling at 7am...."IT SNOWED MOM!!!! GET UP!!! Oh yeah..Happy Birthday. GET UP!!!! SNOW!!!!"

~ Take photos of kids and husband in the snow at 7:45 AM.

~ Go back inside to watch tv and drink more coffee.

~ Fix hot cocoa and popcorn for a mid morning snack

~ Un-tangle the It-should-never-get-tangled-but-we-lied-cause-we're-apple-and-we-can-do-whatever-the-fuck-we-want iPod cord.

~ Clean out entry way...cause oh my GOD there's a lot of wet snow clothes.

~ Sweater shave the bathroom rug. Seriously. I can't stand little nubbies on my feet. It's just gross.

~ Try to talk to the kids...but they are so mesmerized by the snow it's like this..."Hey kids...blah blah blah"...their answer..." blah blah bla...ooh snow..."

~ That's about it. I may throw some laundry in for good measure, but I still have Sunday to be snowed in too. Wouldn't want to overdo it.

I'm going to start making a HUGE deal out of my birthday. More than ever!! Friends...Family....get ready.
I spend about 99.9% of my time putting my family and friends first. I do. All the time. And this is going to be the ONE day of the year that is ALL ABOUT ME. Selfish? Sure. But it's gonna be great. Now if I could just get my family and friends on board with this...I'm all good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday xo

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Suuuuuuuuuuue,
Happy Birthday toooo oooh snow!

SJT said...

Nick, If I could like your comment a la facebook, I would.

Thank you kindly Katie!

McVal said...

Happy Birthday!!! My dd got into the snow on Saturday in Minnesota too! Her B&B lost power and they had to go stay at a hotel. yay! more adventure!
It's fun to see things thru the eyes of a child... That is until you have to clean it all up!
Hope you had a great day!