Monday, January 10, 2011

Wendy's Night!



We did it. And oh my freaking God!!!

Miles' school has this thing called Wendy's Night. Our local Wendy's sponsors a school night. Where a percentage of the proceeds from a specific night goes to the school.

Tonight was Miles' school's night. All the kids from his grade and all their teachers were there. There are prizes, and first graders running around the place like they were once caged monkeys, but have been let free for an hour. Top it off with burgers, fries, and ice cream. And wow. You have a whole lot of loud.

Miles has always asked us to go. But Ryan and I don't usually eat that food for dinner. Ryan will probably tell you he NEVER eats fast food. Ever. (Maybe Arby's but that's a whole other post.) But this time, we thought we'd give it a go.

Ok...let me set the scene. First we walk in, and there are a few kids from his class. Seems harmless enough. Everyone is all, "Hi...how are you? Oh you're so and so's mom...." Pleasantries really.

Then as I go to get the food, I can feel the heat creeping into my face. I swear to you..it's like I'm going through the change. My face gets redder than a baboon's ass. It's really embarrassing to be honest. I am convinced I'm allergic to florescent lights. But anyway....I turn around from the food counter, and HOLY SHIT BALLS!

The restaurant is FILLED to the fucking brim with 1st graders, their parents and their siblings. All of them running around the restaurant like it's their playground and we're just there to watch them.

It gets hotter and hotter in there to boot. I thought I was going to die. My friend was there, who happens to be my BFF's sister, and she said it looked like my cheeks were getting purple. FUCKING PURPLE!

I'm Korean for God's sake. My skin should not be purple unless I'm choking on a fucking chicken nugget, and then, I STILL shouldn't be purple.

Oh...so then we decide to leave. After 2 hours. No shit. 2 hours. And Miles was happier than I had seen him in a while. He was surrounded by his friends, and they were all able to just play. No real rules. Just play. And he was happy. And the little girl who keeps kissing him in gym class was there, so Miles' face was a red assed baboon too. Poor kid. My little Korean man has an admirer who is whiter than any other white kid I've ever seen. She's opaque. And about 2 heads taller than him. But she's really does like him A LOT.

Miles asked us to go again. Thankfully they only do it twice a year, and this one we went to tonight, was the second for the year! Whoooo....dodged that fast-food-hot-as-fuck-yelling-kid-extravaganza.

Upon returning home, I brewed up a huge pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner tomorrow. I kinda want to eat it tonight, but it's probably not a good idea.

At least I have 9-10 months to prepare myself for the next installment of hell on earth. I really do love my kids THAT much.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Wow! Kids everywhere? We go to Wendy's a lot. We kind of like their dollar menu... and the drive through... If we're in a rush and need to get SOMETHING for dinner but don't want to spend a lot.
But yeah - if you're actually sitting inside with kids everywhere, aeyiii!