Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fiddle de Deee

Haven't had much to say lately. Haven't had much going on either.

Ryan was home for 2 weeks! Now he's off again. For a lot of the month (April).

Miles had a really bad medical scare for us, but all is well. Thank God!

I'm becoming obsessed with a new book trilogy. The Hunger Games. I know I know...EVERYONE has read them already. I'm behind the times, just like I was with Twilight. Best part of all, I got the first book at Half Price Books. After I started reading it, I asked a friend of mine who is a Young adult writer, "Is the writer British? There's a bunch of extra "n's" and "e's" on words. She told me no. That the writer was American. Hmmmm....well..then further into the book there's a lot of talk of distance and whatnot. It was all metric. Ha ha..so she asked if I had purchased the British version. I flipped the book over and sure as shit...the cost. £6.99. Damnit to Reading AND Math at the same time. Cause you know I was converting that business.

Yeah..so British. Ha ha..then when I finished the book, I decided I liked it enough to get the 2nd and 3rd. But then I went on Amazon to get the British versions, I don't want to have discrepancies, and the trilogy was $295.00. EEEEEGADS!!!!!! Needless to say, I have discrepancies. I purchased the American versions for $7.95 each. Annoying. I hate that. Just like I hate that the first book I have is paperback and the other two are hardcover. And that happend to me with the Twilight series too. It sucks. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to book series. I like to have all the same kind of cover. Sickness? Of course it is. One of my many quirks.

But truly. Not much going on these days. I could tell you about the heartburn I keep getting...but that's just annoying and gross.

1 comment:

McVal said...

LOVE our half price book store! Never bought any British books there before that I know of...
weird.