Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick's Day 2011

It's a new dawn. A new day! I've lost my freaking mind. Remember when I said I HATED St. Patrick's Day? Well...this year was a little different.

I have a good friend who is, yes, ANOTHER Korean Adoptee in my life. She has 3 girls and they all go bat shit ape nuts for holidays. And one of those holidays is St. Patricks Day. Ugh. So it just so happend to fall on our Spring Break this year too. We had a playdate planned for that day, and my dear friend Kristi G., suggested we head to the St. Patrick's Day parade. Ha ha ha ha.....ha ha ha...ha ha ha ha....ah ha ha ha ha.

Well let me tell you, we live very near St. Paul, MN, capital of all things Irish in this area. And they have a huge parade. We were going. We planned on it, and then my friend found out there would be drunks around the parade. She didn't want to subject her kids to that. So we stayed here.

We played outside. We had pizza. I made green fruit dip with berries and apple slices. It was about as "St. Patrick-sky" as I get. Green fruit dip. Yum.

So there you have it. I did it. A little bit. And next year, I might even let the kids wear green.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Then you got your little bit of the green!!! Cool! Probably a good thing the kids missed out on seeing all the drunks.