Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Work In Progress

I got my hair did! It's NEW! I'm so excited about it! It's been colored and styled all KINDS of new! It's black black black. Yeah yeah..I know...I'm Asian and all. But really, it was more of an auburn/brown. NOT GOOD. But now..it's black licorice black. I heart it big.

Since I've had kids, I've had all kinds of hair. Check out the progression from the past 7 years....

July 2004 in the BWCA. I was soooo rocking the pigtail look. It was AWE-Some. Trust me. BEFORE KIDS.


At our baby shower for Miles. My hair was getting long...and that's where it stayed for years! It actually got a lot longer, but I was behind the camera so much I don't think there are many photos of me at all.


Then WHAMO....having 2 kids....I cut it off. It was so much easier. And I told my hairstylist, that under NO circumstance was I going to look like a late 30 year old soccer mom from the burbs. She did a great job...but I have this REALLY round face, see....


I've tried my best to avoid one of the following. Looking like Dora the Explorer. Looking like Suzi-Wong-you-want-rice-with-that? AND or looking like my 4 year old daughter.

And then just last week, I was able to go retro with an oldie but goodie....yep...80's hair. It was awesome. Although Ryan didn't care for it. His exact words were, "Yeah sweetie, your hair WAS getting kinda crazy."


But then. I did it. Colored and cut. I was on the phone with my friend when I took the photo, and this is why I look like a 1-976-Asian call girl.


And this post will be the most you'll ever see my face. Because I am usually the one behind the camera.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I like baby shower Miles do. They're all nice, though, just sayin...

McVal said...

Love your hair! I actually have a cut very similar to your new doo, however I'm brown and have to use a flat iron...
And I'm never in front of the camera due to my slight double chin issue...