Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good bye LADC

Well, it's over. After 6 years, my kids and I are no longer part of the Lake Area Discovery Center.

It's quite possibly the best preschool I've ever known, in all the land, of all the world, in the whole of the universe. Miles was there at the age of 2 and he's going into 2nd grade. And Claire started at 2 as well, and is now moving onto Kindergarten. *sigh* It's kind of tough for me. I have been super involved with the PTO these past 2 years. And have made very good friends. Ah well....kids get older.

Claire had her graduation and this is what she looked like DURING the graduation ceremony.


Seriously. She was THAT stoic throughout. After the ceremony at the cookie social...THIS is what she looked like.


After graduation the school hosts a potluck picnic with all the kids at a local park. It was madness. The wind was whipping. And there were millions of 3,4,and 5 year olds trucking around. But it was fun. They played games and sang songs....and then it was time to go.




After the picnic we got icecream with Claire's BFF and another friend.


This will be truly a hard transition for Claire. She's going to start Kindergarten with NO kids from her preschool. We went to a school that was in a whole other city from our district. But she's young. She's resilient. She'll be fine. Now me on the other hand...I needed MY BFF to come to graduation with me. I was not going to be the lady sitting in the crowd crying by herself. Thankfully, there were many other crazy ladies crying too. But it's nice to have a bestie to laugh at you when your make up is smearing. That and she'll tell you if you look stupid.

1 comment:

McVal said...

aWE!!! She's a beauty!