Monday, June 13, 2011

Insomnia...I think

I have it figured out.

This past week I have been going to bed super late. It's annoying. I WANT to go to bed earlier, but I can't seem to. I attributed it to insomnia. But...as I think about it, I'm pretty sure it's something else.

Since the kids have been out of school, they haven't gone to bed earlier than 9pm. And during the school year they are asleep at 7:30PM...which means...I have "me" time then.

"Me" time consists of no kids, no sound but whatever I decide to hear, and some kind of sweet. Maybe a piece of chocolate, or a cookie. Anything I stash from the kids and Ryan so I can have it and not have to share. Yes yes...I'm THAT mom. But whatever.

So I have been going to bed around midnight or 1 instead of 10. And today in my morning haze, I realized what is causing me to be up so late. So, no no it's not insomnia. It's my selfish need to be alone, kidfree, for 3 hours at night.

How ridiculous for my body to demand 3 hours of time in the evening no matter how tired I am. Seriously. I will be so tired, but yet, I can't fall asleep. Stupid body. Stupid head. Stupid kids staying up until 9pm or later.

Oh wait...that last part is my fault. It must be because I'm so fracking tired! And don't get me started on my short term memory. It took me 15 minutes to remember what I was going to blog about once I opened my computer today. Ugh. So...new title to this post...Insomnia? Or old age. GAH!

1 comment:

McVal said...

I'm "that" mom too. I'll sneak candy out of their Easter baskets out to my office and eat chocolate in peace...
yumm.. I wonder what I've got in the house right now for chocolate...