Friday, June 24, 2011

Moms can say all the wrong things sometimes

A few days ago I had a MOST inappropriate conversation with my kids. Keep in mind, I was sick, and really very exhausted from the 13 loads of laundry. And Ryan was at some happy hour getting drunk.

CLAIRE: "Mom. I don't want to be a girl. Well...I want to be a girl until I get my period, then I want to be a boy. And then when my period's gone I want to be a girl again."

MILES: " Ha ha I'm a boy! I'll never get my period."

(The kids asked me about some items that were in the bathroom one time, which lead to a puberty discussion. I don't lie to my kids. I tell them truth no matter how uncomfortable it is for me.)

CLAIRE: "That's mean! Don't tease me! It's gonna hurt and I'm gonna cry a lot!"

ME: "NO you won't. It'll be fine."

MILES: "Ha ha! You're gonna hurt and I'm gonna be fine cause I'm a boy! Ha ha ha ha ha....!!!!!" (finger point and all)

ME: (completely fed up with this conversation) "Well boys get Blue Balls." (see...inappropriate. Ugh. Sometimes I should just not say anything.)

MILES: "Claire look! (lifting up his shirt) I have BOOBLES!!!!"

Claire was out of the conversation at this point because she was laughing so hard she could barely catch her breath.

I don't know what happened. But we all decided we were done talking about periods and "boobles"

No comments: