Saturday, August 20, 2011

Drunk house painting.

We're painting the house today. Another step in the VERY long renovation process. Our friends are coming to help us out. One friend in particular is VERY, how do I say this...um...he's very.....well....PARTICULAR, about every aspect of painting. Which I love. Don't get me wrong. But I was instructed to NOT do the painting myself. Ha ha..cause he's particular.

But the prep is what's killing me. They are due to come over and get started fairly soon this beautiful Saturday morning. Ryan and I spent until about 11:30 last night spackling, sanding, and washing walls. And we have vaulted ceilings. So...the stretching that was involved...oh Lord my back is screaming at me. We had the kids overnight at my parents house. The dust alone would have killed poor Miles.

But I should know what I'm getting into with THIS project specifically. When my friend said he and his partner were coming over, I was instructed to have Bloody Mary's available. Whoa. Guess things could get a little...well...more to come I guess.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Drunk painting? Well, now I REALLY want to see the outcome!