Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I think I've fallen into a slump

It's hilarious if you think about it.

I drive the neighbor girl to school everyday in the morning. My schedule is as follows. 7:45 pick up neighbor kid. 7:47 drop kid and Miles off at school. 7:50 come back home. Proceed with rest of day.

As you can tell it's early. And a very quick trip. No need to "pretty it up" to get the kids to school. So I wear the usual mom uniform. Yoga pants, tennis shoes, sweatshirt, and as of late, a jacket. Oh and the ever popular ponytail. Like, I wear it everyday. Then I come home, eat breakfast, feed Claire, and get her ready for school. THEN I take a shower and get ready for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, neighbor girl gets into the car, (she's in the 1st grade) settles in, looks at me with earnest, and says, "Mrs. Teepants, do you OWN any real clothes?"

*chirp chirp chirp*

Yeah. A 6 year old called me out on my fashion. I told her, "Nope. I only own one pair of pants and one shirt and one jacket. Wasn't it sad?"

Maybe I'll wear my wedding dress to pick her up today.

1 comment: