Saturday, December 10, 2011

We're a hearty stock here in Minnesota. That or we're just crazy.

Tonight we took the kids downtown Minneapolis for the Holidazzle parade. It's so fun. My kids love it. We go with another family every year too. However, last year on the day we planned to go, we had a huge blizzard with below zero temps. So it was cancelled.

This year it was 20 degrees (a heat wave by most standards) and very nice. We parked quite a ways from the actual "hub" of the city. But that's because we had 5 kids under the age of 9. They needed to burn off the energy or they'd be the kids you hear about on the 10 o'clock news who were hit during the parade because they were running back in forth on Nicollet Avenue. And we'd be the parents who looked completely stupid, negligent and most likely have a super thick Minn-e-sot-ah accent. Oh brother.

As we got close to the parade time we posed the kids. Some were happy to oblige. Others? Not so much with that.



Then once we got our places, my girlfriend and I ran to the coffee shop for 5 hot cocoas and 3 coffees. On a side note. As you know if you follow me once in a while, I have been having major "digestive" issues. I can no longer drink coffee. I know. Right? Kill me now. But...I did find something that was quite heavenly at Caribou Coffee. It's called an Apple Blast. It's ridiculous. Hot cider with whipped cream and cinnamon. *smack smack smack* Ugh. But I digress.

After fighting a crowd at the coffee shop, we parlayed our butts to our seats. i.e the curb. And there amongst the many, we found our place. And when I say "the many", I'm not kidding.



Ah Minnesotans. We be crazy. But I have to say. I can't wait until the Winter Carnival.

No comments: