Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Oh boy!

Yikes! It's been so long since I've updated this blog I was worried it would have vanished off the face of the earth.

But alas. It's still here. Trusty ole Google.

Things have been BUSY here at Casa De Teepants. Vacations. Sports. (yep you read that right. Sports) New jobs. Old jobs. And all about the kids.

I need a break for sure. Like a vacation that doesn't involve me cooking for a billion people, or worrying about who's doing what where when and how. I did go on an amazing trip with my girlfriend in late February 2015. We went to NYC. To see Alan Cumming reprise his roll as the emcee in Cabaret. (It's been a dream of mine to see this since he first did it in 1991. Yeah. I know... a HS student wanting to see some random dude in a play?) Yep. And 40+ year old me loved every second of it.

I would most likely go back to NY. It was a whirlwind vacay. 3 days. In. Out. Done. Back home to reality.

Spent an amazing summer vacation with my family. My entire family. We went to the North Shore of MN for a week. It was fantastic. But.....yeah I cooked for a billion people. But it was worth it.

This summer is almost over. Already! And my days have been filled with neighborhood kids, my kid's friends and more kids. I don't even know where some of them came from. But they're here. All the time. I never have just my family. Last week we had one of Miles' friends stay the entire week. Just because. I don't know. I just feed them, clean up after them, and take them where they all need to go when they need to get there.

Claire has been tennis bound. She loves Tennis. She plays tennis with our rival Atheltic Association. But she also has taught herself soccer ball tricks, as well as gymnastics. But she won't do either of those sports because, she doesn't like to run all that much, and she doesn't want people staring at just her. I get it. She's also taking a rock climbing course this summer with a friend of hers. She loves anything that puts her body at risk.

Miles has begun Tae Kwon Do lessons. 4 days a week. Yep. 4. We're at the TKD studio all the time. I live there. Friday nights he's practically there for 3 hours.  But he's loving it. He never complains about going.

Ryan got a promotion. He's managing people now. And his company merged with another company so there's a billion changes. But whatever. He travels so minimally now and usually works from home.

I'm working very part time at my friend's chiropractic clinic. She's a small business owner who needs occasional help with billing. So it gets me out. I make a bit of money. It's nice. I also ran my own rail race. 25K. Yep. Ran it in less than 5 hours. So yay me! It was the same race Ryan's been running. And now I am super done running.

I don't have much else to report. Thats it. It's like a Christmas letter in July. I'm going to try to keep up with this thing. For me. It's nice to look back and see what's been going on with my family. This way I hopefully won't forget EVERYTHING that's happened in my world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great mom! People in your neighborhood should love ya!