Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why I love him.


When Ryan and I first met, we were just friends. Drunk friends. For 2 years we only saw each other drunk. No, we didn't drink for 2 years straight. Of course I can only vouch for myself. We just saw each other at parties. And he was dreamy. But, I was dating someone else at the time.

Fast forward to 13 years later. (We've been together for 11 of those years) I have to say...I'm pretty darn happy with things. He's adorable. And awesome. He loves the kids a ridiculous amount. When I see him I think....hmmm.....yep, lucky girl.

Why am I gushing about my husband? Here's why. I was talking to a girlfriend of mine today, and we were re-hashing some old gossip. It's what we do. And I realized that after 11 years, Ryan is on the same page as me when it comes to our friends. He sees the same shit I do. Especially when it is fucked-up-beyond-recognition-shit. I can't be specific as there are no specifications...but suffice it to say, in the years past Ryan has been what I like to call...."oblivious to social situations". And this particular incident, HE was the one to bring up the "monkey business". I was just thinking it when we got into the car, but Ryan was the one to say..."what the fuck was that?"

See? LOVE HIM!!!!!

5 comments:

rt said...

Love ya too :).

beth said...

lucky you! he's cute.

Kelly said...

aaaawwwwwwwww....

McVal said...

That's so sweet! I love it when my husband and I are totally on the same page!

The Vesh's said...

That is the sweetest thing I have heard and it sounds so like my relationship with Scott. Isn't it great! Cheers to you my friend and your great husband. :)