Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Three is big!!!


Today was Claire's first day of preschool. She went last year, but it wasn't "the big kid's room!"

And she made the transition exceptionally well. I was really gearing up to be a bit teary, but when she said..."group hug! Aaaaaaaand now bye." I was ok. Because clearly she was too. And couldn't get rid of us fast enough.

This year was very different for us though. She is the first of our kids to stay for lunch at school. Different because I didn't think it was necessary before, but now I need it for timing. I need to drop Miles off at Kindergarten and then pick up Claire. Timing is key in this decision. I hate it. I love having lunch with Claire. She talks about crazy things. Non stop talking. It makes lunchtime feel like some kind of comic relief. Mostly because Miles is taking hours to eat. AND I DO MEAN HOURS.

And Miles will be starting Kindergarten on Friday. I can guarantee tears will spill. There is NO doubt about that.

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Be a brave big girl, now! Claire has set a fine example for you to follow!

beth said...

aaahhh! dennis starts pre-k (for 4 yr. olds) tomorrow and jack starts kindergarten on monday! i know the tears will be flowing then. most likely form both jack and i.

McVal said...

Be strong! You'll be fine and so will they! Actually I think they'll do much better than you...
Go to the MOA for the day! There's nothing like spending money to get your mind off things like that!
I'm horrible, aren't I?