Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bugs Bunny where are you?

I can't be silent anymore about this epidemic that is taking over television as we know and love it.

Nickelodeon's "Fresh Beat Band" aka "The Jumparounds" aka "My ears and eyes are bleeding now!"

First, look to see what has subsequently ruined my mornings. Skip a head to the 52 second mark. I don't want to torture you more then necessary.

The Fresh Beat Band

Now....I let my kids watch cartoons for a bit in the morning. Primarily because they like it. But also, Miles has to patch his eye for 2 hours a day, and the doctor prefers if he were sedentary for at least part of it, focusing his eye on tv or something. (What doctor recommends tv? Ours does I guess.)

The only channels they can watch is Noggin or PBS. They have been opting for Noggin since we got the satellite tv. I chose these channels because there aren't commercials. I don't want to hear, "mom I want that!!!" all during breakfast.

So Noggin, for those of you who may not have kids, or TV (eh ehmmm, Kelly) Noggin is a Nickelodeon channel. And Nick...has developed this new show.

They promote it incessantly during the morning hours. But the "white rapper, Twist" just kills me. I can't stand him. He's clearly lip syncing his "rap". I know the others are lip syncing, but really...most rappers will at least really rap. Oh, and he's the geekiest rapper I have ever seen. Letter sweater? Oh my god. I'm not saying he should be all "hood", but what I am saying is....well....I don't know what I'm saying. I say it annoys the hell out of me.

My kids know how much I hate it. They laugh every.single.time it comes on and say, "MOM!!! You're favorite SHOW is on." Those little butts. And then Miles is sure to tell me that, "That tall guy is your FAAAAVORITE right mom?" Ha ha ha....little turd.

They did watch an entire episode while we were in Omaha NE in the hotel. I don't think they cared for it, but they soldiered through just to torture me. Everytime they sang on the show, Miles and Claire would look at me like..."see that mom...ha ha ha you hate it don't you? We revel in your misery." I know that's what they were thinking.

Well....that's all I had to say about that. I miss that waskally wabbit.

2 comments:

McVal said...

So do I! Some of these new shows really suck...
My kids and husband like to torture me with some show from a while back that I just couldn't stand, but they remembered the song from it. They sing it every once in a while. Something about a big bad bubble balloon song, so some such thing...
yuck.

beth said...

hahaha! i, too hate the jumparounds (in fact, i think that noggin got so many complaints about the annoying jumparounds, that they changed the name to trick us into thinking it's a different group!) i got a text message from my bff the other day that read "i bet the white guy in the jumparounds cries himself to sleep at night." i think that is dead on!