Thursday, December 10, 2009

The perfect Christmas photo, and I'll tell you why.



Yes yes, they're cute and all, but this photo, this ACTUAL photo sums up my kids perfectly.

Miles IS this kid. He tolerates. He tolerates just like his dad. He tolerates his sister hanging on him, bossing him around, yelling at him, hugging him, and loving him all the day long. Miles is the epitome of big brother.

He smiles politely. He literally "puts up" with everything. With a smile on his face. And he loves his sister. You can see it. You can see the tolerance in his face, as well as the love he has for her.

Claire on the other hand doesn't put up with much she doesn't like! She is theI'm-gonna-do-it-and-I-don't-care-if-you-like-it-or-not! kinda kid. That attitude is clear. But she is happy. And she loves her brother a lot. A LOT. She relies on him. She trusts him. She thinks he is soooooo cool.

She is loud and boisterous and bossy. Just like someone she's related to. She does what she pleases, and she smiles BIG while doing it.

This is why I chose this photo as our holiday card this year. Cause it IS my kids, my family, and my whole every day.

I'm a lucky mom.