Thursday, December 9, 2010

The holidays

Well...we are in full swing for the holiday season. However, sadly, we are not in the full swing holiday mood. For numerous reasons, this season seems...flat.

I mean..we decorated the tree



And we are going to the Holidazzle Parade on Saturday. Before the parade, the kids and I will be baking holiday cookies with a dear friend. Christmas music is piping throughout the house like we're some kind of department store on Christmas steroids. Playdates have been made for the week off of school, and New Year's Eve plans are being set in motion.

But for some reason, there is very little Christmas cheer coursing through our veins. Please don't get me wrong. The kids are bat shit bonkers for the holidays, and we are putting on a good show for them. They know nothing is awry. Well I suppose I can only speak for myself really. I'M not very cheery. Things just aren't the same as they were. I'm bummed I won't see my sister for the 3rd year in a row. (She's in California and it's are-you-fucking-kidding-me-you-want-how-much-AND-my-first-born-for 2-tickets? Expensive)

And our plans, once again this year for Christmas have been.......altered. But we have no control over that. We just keep on going like we always do.

*SIGH*
(yeah that was a big sigh)

But I'm going to "soldier on". I'm happy that my health is almost a moot point. I'm relieved the kids are no longer sick with the stomach bug. Ryan is here and not traipsing around the country. And I have some of the most wonderful friends ever. So I guess I should shut the hell up and be thankful. And I am. I'm just having a pity party for now and it will stop.......now..no wait...NOW....no......yeah...ok.

I'll leave you with this. This time of year calls for this type of snuggling. Trust me.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Awe!!!! What a sleeping beauty!