Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The soundtrack of my life.

It will either make me sound one of 3 ways.

1: Incredibly awesome, and why didn't you think of it?
2: Incredibly narcissistic, and why would anyone care?
3: Bat shit fucking looney tunes.

You be the judge.

Well. I'll admit it. Most of my life, I've had a soundtrack running through my head. When something of any significance occurs, I have a song chosen and playing quietly in the background of my mind. Like in the movies. As if someone where making a movie of my life, this would be the song playing at this point in the story. It's always at poignant times that the swell of music occurs. Like....this one...



This one plays when I think about my leaving my horrible first marriage, when I lost a baby late in my pregnancy, and when life just got the better of me. Not too sure why it plays in my mind, but it does. It keeps me calm and level headed.

Now this one...has been running through my head a lot lately. It's what I would love to tell people in my real life from time to time, but just can't. It's not ladylike. And I'm all about being a lady. Plus this song is catchy and hilarious. And it's not so much playing quietly in the background, as it's blaring in the forefront.



I don't know. These are just a few snippets that run through my head. They are the most prominent at the moment. But truly, I have songs running through my head every day depending on what is going on and who I'm dealing with. It keeps me from really going nuts. Or maiming people. Maiming is totally out of the question. So there's the mental soundtrack. It's safe, and will keep me out of prison. Can you imagine what that soundtrack would be like?

*if you think the "Fuck you" song is about YOU...you're probably wrong, but what did you do to think that? And should I be concerned?

No comments: