Friday, May 13, 2011

My worst nightmare come to life...kinda


Mounted in Alaska.

Well the title alone had peaked my interest. I'm not a pervert or anything but I didn't understand how this was on the History Channel. And I was going to watch it.

Then my good friend, and hunter-gatherer-fisher-extraordinaire shared with me what it's about.

Taxidermy.

If you follow and actually read this blog, you'll know I have a VERY serious "healthy" phobia of taxidermy.

I can't see it. I can't be near it. I can't stand it. I have gone so far as to walk in and right out of restaurants when there's animal heads hanging on a wall. Or worse, if there are fully stuffed animals with legs and tails and bodies. *shiver*

I can't go into a Gander Mountain, or Cabela's. Lord help me in the Science Museum of MN. I walk around that place half hiding my face, half walking behind Ryan with my eyes directed straight to the floor. It's sick I tell you.

So yeah...I'm not going to watch Mounted in Alaska. No matter how dirty the title is.

*I'm even having a hard time looking at this stinking post. Ugh. Help me Dr. Someone who treats weirdos.

1 comment:

McVal said...

:) My husband used to have a bite sized piranha in his office until it dies when it ate too many goldfish in one day. We put it in a baggie and stuck it in the freezer until we could afford to have it stuffed and mounted for a plaque in his office. Unfortunately the deep freeze broke and it thawed before we could do anything with it and we had to pitch it..