Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This was Easter

The kids were happy to dress up all fancy like.



We went to church at 7:35am. Don't ask me what bee got in my Easter bonnet. But we went. I can't tell you the last time I went to church. Close to never. But I wanted to go. We went with my in laws. And the kids were surprisingly well behaved. No talking, no fidgeting, and no swearing! I'd say that's a good day with God.

When we returned home the kids played outside and I prepped for the invasion of my mother's side of the family. Close to 35 people over. We had a few "non" family members, but it was Easter and I had a shit ton of food.

There was an Easter egg hunt



Then the food


There was ham and pulled turkey too. Just didn't get that in the shot. It was on the stove.

After all was said and done, people filtered out and Ryan shared with me that my cousin Jason left Miles a gift. Jason has been Miles' biggest Star Wars "dealer" over the past several years. I would say Jason's entire collection of anything Star Wars that was awesome ever in the history of the world, has been passed on to Miles. Then...the Pièce de résistance. The very sought after collectible 1978 Death Star. If you collect Star Wars things, you know this is a big fucking deal. Miles has a Millennium Falcon, and an AT-AT from my cousin. But this...THIS is the bragging piece in the now shifted collection. I can tell you, Miles didn't know what to do with himself. I'm thankful he didn't pee.


Jason is 4 years older than me. When I was a kid, he was my dad's favorite nephew. He was into plastic models and war shit, just like my dad. At family get togethers you would find them looking over a new model my dad had put together. My dad gave Jason a lot of things to get him started on his life long hobby. And now Jason is passing on the sharing-a-toy-tradition to Miles. To which Miles is all to happy to participate in.

After the excitement of the Death Star, Ryan's family came over. We had dinner together and let the kids play on the play set. Miles and Claire were really into jumping off the swings



The day was really enjoyable. I love holidays were I can see family and the weather is lovely and my kids are happy. And now some random shots because all Miles did after he was done jumping was play with the Death Star. And Claire...well she was just happy to be outside.


1 comment:

McVal said...

What a gorgeous day you had! I was a huge Star Wars nut too.
Oh! And today is Star Wars day...
May the 4th be with you!