Monday, May 30, 2011

OVO!

This year for Mother's Day, Ryan was out of town working. I make a big deal out of Mother's Day. I know I know...people say "I don't care about it". I do.

I'm a stay at home mom with two kids, and I like to think of Mother's Day as my ONE and ONLY day off for the year. I like to sleep as late as I can. And I like to NOT cook a meal at all during the day. Selfish? Who gives a shit. I work hard all year keeping my kids alive. I deserve one day.

But this year, because Ryan was gone, I spent the weekend at my parents house, which is a shit ton of work in and of itself. Then because it was Mother's Day, my mother felt that SHE was queen bee, and bossed me and my sisters around all frick frackin' day. I did all the cooking the entire weekend too. Ryan? He was working. But then went on a brewery tour with co workers and had a fancy steak dinner that he didn't have to cook or pay for. Plus he was in Denver. Nice.

So...Ryan being the sweet loving husband he is, felt pretty bad about being gone and surprised me with tickets to Cirque Du Soleil Ovo. Which by the way, I've been dying to see. I've been to 3 of their performances over the years and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!



Yesterday was our day! The kids were super excited to see it too. Although I was a bit concerned that Miles wouldn't care for it. The last live performance Miles was to, was Beauty and the Beast, and he complained of having stomach pains during the first 45 minutes of the show. Which was gas and said gas was code for BORED. So he left. I was less than excited about THAT.

However Cirque Du Soleil was completely different. The kids loved the show! It was so entertaining. At one point during the contortionists, Claire said to me, "I can't do that with my body, but I think I'm going to try when we get home." And she was not quiet about this statement. AND she tried. Although she's not as bendy.

If you can see this show, do. You won't regret it at all. I just kept thinking, "Shit. I wish I was that thin and flexible. Gotta work on THAT!" The little Asian girls flipping the big kiwi slices were A-Mazing! Seriously. They flip each other around using just their feet.

Claire doesn't seem all that excited to begin with, but she had no idea what she was in for. And Ryan has a photo with that guy in the Packers hat and green t-shirt in the background, MAJORLY photo bombing.


And then Claire was really very concerned about the big egg/cocoon/ball of light that had sound like a swarm of bees.


Photography not so great in the dark on the sly.

I can't say enough about this show. It was so entertaining. And it was a really great way to spend the afternoon with my family. Happy Mother's Day indeed.

1 comment:

McVal said...

That sounds like a blast! And tell Claire those big balls of light with the buzzing sounds always scared the bejeebies out of me too.