Friday, September 16, 2011

The nerves have gotten to me. Ugh

Well. Monday I head on down to the Mayo Clinic AGAIN for my annual liver check. Since last year was a semi clean bill of health, ie: not removing a large major organ, I am optimistic. However. The doctor who is seeing me on Monday is the one who thinks...TAKE IT OUT!

Ugh. So back I go for poking prodding scanning and all around making me uncomfortable. And then....the waiting. But the one thing I love about the Mayo clinic, you get results ASAP. That same day. So..the waiting is minimal, but when you're waiting to see if you have to have major surgery, it seems to take a bit of time.

Either way, I'm sick to my stomach with stress. It happens with me. I get so worked up with just the thought of it. I love to have Ryan or my mom come with me, but Ryan has to be with the kids to get them to school, and my mom, well that selfish such and such is in Spain with my dad. Lucky bastards.

So I'll be going it alone this time. I'm hoping for good news. If it's not, the 2 hour drive home is really going to suck ass.

On the upside of things, I'll get to see some dear friends from HS who live in the area. I grew up with both of them and it will be nice to see them for a bit.

AAAANNNDDD...I'll be getting the chocolate mice for the kids. They have the best chocolate shop in the mall there. And they make adorable little chocolate mice. My kids have grown to appreciate them when I'm at Mayo. I always get them. This way, at least someone is happy about me being gone for the day. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

McVal said...

Good luck! I hope everything comes out ok.