Monday, September 12, 2011

What the hell is a tween? And do I already have one at 5 years old?

Claire has found a way to get around getting in trouble for sassing and pouting.

When she sasses us, she says, "I'm not MAAAAAD, I'm just joking." Of course the obligatory smirk is in place. But it doesn't always save her. Trust me on that.

The newest thing she does is stomp around the house when she's mad. Since installing the hardwood floors, it's obvious to us, and most of the neighborhood, that she's pissed. But as she's stomping around she'll say to us, "I'M NOT STOMPING!! THESE SHOES ARE JUST SO LOUD!!!" And yes, she's usually yelling.

For sure the tween, pre teen, and teen years will be SUPER. And what the hell is a tween? Another term to explain kids being turds earlier than when we hit our teen turd-dom. It used to be baby, toddler, kid, teen. Now it's, baby, toddler, kid, tween, preteen, teen and so on. Anything to explain why kids are brattier than ever and earlier than usual.

Poor Ryan.

On a side note, I'm convinced she has something against her barbies. That, or she's a bit psychotic.

No comments: