Saturday, April 20, 2013

There's no crying at breakfast!

I'm the worst mom ever. In the land of ever in the whole of the world. Nay...the universe.

The scene:
Ryan, Miles, and Claire swaying side to side in unison, at the breakfast table, with their arms in the air, to Rocket Man, as if they WERE are the Elton John concert.

Then they start to peer pressure ME into doing it. I will not. I'm not in the mood. I start to joke about how, "no way am I doing that. Thanks for asking but no. You guys are totally weird!" I go so far as to do the wide eyed eye roll. You know the one. The one that says, "Wow! Just wow!"

And then they start REALLY getting into it. I mean....I think Claire's eyes were closed and all.

Then I said, "You guys are so weird, I'm going on the internet to find a new family." TOTALLY JOKING BTW.

And Claire stopped. Cold in her tracks. Put her arms down. Stared at me with wide eyes. Then in a split second started to cry.

*gulp* Whoopsie daisies.


(To be fair, this is a photo from when she was 1. But she has the same face when she cries. It's really upset and sad, and says, "WHY?!?!?!?!"  We used to call her the piranha because she had such a huge underbite and those two teeth only.)



Poor baby. She really thought I was going to do it.

Guess I have to do the stupid family arm sway at breakfast.

No comments: