Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We are SOOOOO going to be famous!

My kids were chosen to be in the Children's Theater Company's 2013-2014 brochure and catalogs. They were both so excited, they went around the house for days exclaiming they were going to be famous.

Claire had done a photo shoot once before when she was 3. She did a handbag campaign for a friend of mine. My girlfriend owns the handbag company. It's called BCDesigns. She's a real talented lady. I adore her. And I covet her bags.

It took a while to get Claire "in the mood". But me falling over the photographer's gear cracked her up enough to get this shot.
But as we left, she said, "I hated that. I don't like how everyone was tellin' me what to do!"

Anyway. Cut to 3 years later. And my kids are dancing around blah blah blahing about fame. Kardashian's look out.

We get to the shoot and it's NO JOKE. Make up. Hair. Clothing/Costumes. With a really amazeballs photographer. From what we saw of his portfolio and the stuff on the walls he's a big deal. Claire is in a photo with another little guy and Miles is all alone.

I'm not sure if I can say what they did in the photos, because the ads aren't out yet. But I imagine it's going to be pretty rad. Hopefully I'll get a copy to post.

Needless to say, they kids were amazing. They were well behaved and had fun. It was several hours later and they were chatting about riches and fame....then Claire fell asleep in the car on the way home and once home, they had to clean their rooms.

Nothing like bringing them back to reality before school the next day. But for a moment. They were "famous."

No comments: