Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Miles is in love

Today marks the very FIRST "get together" that Miles has had with a girl. She's adorable. She possesses everything I would want for my son to like in a girl. (Did that sentence make sense?) Weird.

Anyway. She's here. She's cute. And funny. And talks a ridiculous amount. She's the female version of MIles. I love it. She's been in class with Miles for the past two years. But as you know...girls are gross until they aren't anymore, and then well.....it's just awkward.

If you ask Miles about C, he'll smile his goofy smile, blush quite a bit, and tell you why he likes her. "Because she's smart, and funny and likes the same books that I do." Good enough reason for me. She's his first crush.

And when she came over today, they stood and smiled at each other for a good 10 minutes. It was super adorable. But really uncomfortable. And then out of nowhere, Miles said, "You're it! What do you want to do?"

I love it. They're going on a "friend date" in August to see the next Percy Jackson movie. I'm not sure about the label they're giving it. I said..."Hey, why not just going to see a movie?" No labels, no pressure, no me having an anxiety attack because they called it a "date" in any capacity at age 9. But they just looked at me like I was nuts. Cause I'm the mom and all moms are embarrassing freaks apparently.

Aren't they sweet? Ahhhh.....too fast I tell you.




No comments: