Thursday, March 21, 2013

Parking Lot from Hell!

Well. I have been spoiled having Ryan take the kids to school for the past year. I mean SPOILED!

He's back working far from home and leaves at 6:30 every morning. So I take the kids in.

I said this once. And now I take it all back. I DO go up there at 2:10. I DO sit in the parking lot waiting for my kids. I DO read. I  DO fucking look out the window, because I DON'T have anything better to do. And as a matter of fact, I HATE walking up to the school in the dead of winter to get my kids. My kids don't like it either. And let me tell you. If you're not there before 2:15, you're walking 3 blocks to get to the school from the street. It's laid out that stupid. But I digress.

I have noticed, and this is no joke, that people are out of their damn minds in this parking lot. They will cut you off without any hesitation. Because I'm pretty sure they have better places to go than I do.  They double park because they didn't get there early enough and it's too cold for them to park down the street and walk up. So they block you from leaving. I'm always hoping my kids get out AFTER their kids do so I can actually leave instead of WAIT. FOREVER.
Here. I've drawn a picture so you have a better idea of what I'm dealing with.


Notice the jankety parking job that some do? It's no joke. I'm really being quite nice about it too.

But this is nothing compared to the morning rush. It's seriously, hell. Like icy cold center core of hell, hell. Clearly people are in a hurry. Cutting me off and stuff. And I get that. But seriously, this other type of parent is the WORST. Sitting in the drive through lane because you want to watch-little-Sally-walk-in-oh-isn't-she-adorable-whoops-she-dropped-her-mitten-I-should-wait-to-see-if-she-got-it-oh-yep-she-did-oh-there-she-goes-into-school-down-the-hall-and-into-class. Oh.My.Fucking.God. I actually have lost my voice yelling in the parking lot at these idiots. I think that's where my vein ripping out of my neck fantasies enter my brain.

I've seen parents almost hit kids crossing the drive through area because they were too busy speeding out of their spot, or talking to another parent in tandem car driving in a single lane. (That one's my favorite. Can't be stupider than that.) But through all of this idiotic driving, and parking and waiting. One thing that disappoints me the very most, all the drivers I see doing really stupid shit are Asian. Like, eyes-peeping-over-the-steering-wheel-steering-wheel-in-their-chest Asian.

I'm not trying to be a racist. Cause hell, I'm Korean myself. But holy crap! They don't say Asian drivers are the worst for no reason. I mean. I have consciously, my entire driving career, tried to NOT be that driver. I sit further from the steering wheel. I sit higher in my seat. I make sure I'm smart about driving. I really try to pay attention to my surroundings. But sweet Jesus. I get it. That stereotype was manifested in the parking lot of South Washington County Schools. I know it makes me sound awful, but I'm pretty sure after you dealt with this for 4 years, you'd feel just about the same. I'm trying to be better about it though. I only give them the thumbs down when they almost hit my kid because they want my parking spot before my kid even gets in the car, instead of running out to their car with a baseball bat. Cause that's an idea that's crossed my mind a time or two.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the map. Laughed out loud.