Tuesday, March 5, 2013

YIIIPPEEDEEEDOOODAAAAAH!

It's a snow day here in Minnesota. I mean...SNOW. I mean I can't find a map to show you, but rest assured it's a shit ton of snow. Not Halloween blizzard of 91 snow, but it's a lot.

Well, of course after months of moaning and groaning about having to "get up" for school. I mean, bitching and moaning, and using every fucking excuse in the book complaining, we have a snow day. AND to add insult to injury, both kids were up at the regular time happy as pigs in shit. And when they found out about no school, there was no going back to bed for the SAHM.

About 9 inches of snow fell last night. It's not bad. And it's continuing to snow, but unlike much of the US, we keep plugging along. I honestly was surprised when I found out school was closed. It never closes. EVER. But today it has. And they are so happy about it.

We plan on going outside all day. Eat junk food and watch tv when it gets too cold and the kids' little Korean faces turn beet red. Sledding is out as the snow is fluffy and will blind you the minute you try to go down the ice packed hill under all this fluffy stuff.

I'm not one of those parents who thinks, free day at home means study like you're in school. I hate those types of parents. Remember when YOU were a kid. Did you want to study? Fuck no.

You wanted to eat junk food watch tv and go out to play with the neighborhood kids until you got so cold you were convinced you had frostbite and would have to have toes and noses amputated and people would come to see you in the hospital and bring flowers and balloons and think, "Awwww poor SJT she was so awesome." But it didn't happen because you got some hot cocoa and all was right with the world.

So...yeah. I'm a SAHM who can let my kids have fun today. And Claire tap danced for me after yelling about being so happy it's a snow day.

Here's a quick shot of my neighborhood. I love Minnesota snow.