Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's been a shit day already.

It's only 11:44 am in the morning. But let me tell you. The day has sucked already.

Incident 1: Ryan left for St. Louis today at 4:30 am. Which pretty much woke me up too. Oh well.

Incident 2: While I was in the bathroom this morning, Claire woke up, stood in front of the closed bathroom door, say very quietly, "mom?" and then proceded to pee on the carpet. What The Fuck? So I dragged her into the bathroom and put her in the shower. Showered her off, cleaned the carpet, washed the bathroom rug, her clothes and bathrobe.

I asked her why she didn't go to the OTHER bathroom, and she said she was scared to go downstairs. ARGH!!!! That was the answer. I didn't get mad, cause accidents happen. But I told her it shouldn't happen again. Please Lord...It SHOULDN'T happen again.

Incident 3: Once I got off the phone with my friend, after planning a play date for later today, and after bitching to her about how my almost 4 year old peed on the carpet, I looked at Miles and noticed he was red behind his ear. Upon closer inspection, his whole head, neck, shoulders, torso, and on down to the tops of his toes were covered in hives. Again. What The Fuck? Then when I looked at his face (of course that was last) I saw his eyelids and lips were swelling. DAMNIT!

So I went for the Benadryl. But if you have little kids, you know all Benadryl, Zyrtec, and most all children's medication was recalled a month or so ago. So I called the pediatrician to see what I could substitue. Apparently nothing. They called back a hour later and said...Benadryl. Try find that shit now days. Not easy.

In the process I deduced he was having an allergic reaction to a friend's kid who was here yesterday. They have A cat. Not multiple. Just one. But that little shit of a cat was enough to trail it's allergen onto their clothes all the way over here. Said kid was laying on Miles' floor playing Bakugan with him yesterday. We usually don't allow kids with cats in Miles' room because he's soooo allergic to them, but whatever. The kid looked clean. Apparently not. Miles was laying in the same damn spot playing Battleship with Claire this morning. And there you have it!

Have you seen the movie Silkwood? Remember the de contamination scene? Well that's what I went through cleaning Miles' room. And after speaking with Miles I learned they were in the fort too. Great. It's small. And I had to lug the vacuum cleaner up into it. GRRRRRRRrrrr......I'm dewey from that business.

And now load two of laundry is in the wash. It's only 11:45. I had to cancel the playdate. Only because I didn't want my kid to slip into anaphylactic shock at Noodles and Co. Embarrassing!

It has to get better. It is going to storm today. We all love a good thunderstorm. However, with how the day is going......we'll end up huddled in the basement because a tornado is coming to visit. Maybe we'll end up in Munchkin land. That could be ok. At least we'd be going somewhere.

No comments: