Monday, June 14, 2010

Miles is OFFICIALLY a first grader

Holy shit do I feel old. Not only did Miles' Kindergarten teacher say to me, "there's no way you're as old as me." But, I found out in fact, yes, I was OLDER than her. Ugh.

Either way. Miles finished his last day of Kindergarten last week. He didn't know what to make of it. He just said that the hug part was hard. Not hard emotionally, but that his teacher hugged the kids really hard. It was funny.

Then while Ryan, Claire and I were standing waiting to get him in front of the flagpole, one of his classmates dad's said, "Erica tells everyone that Miles is her boyfriend." ZOINKS!!!! And THEN Miles told me, "I think that Lily is really my girlfriend because she hugged me in the library for no reason. She must love me or something." Poor Erica.

Oh my damn! Really? He's not even 6 yet. I asked his teacher if it really started this young. And she laughed at me like I was the dumbest mom alive. I guess that laugh meant....duh-dummy-good-luck-raising-these-kids-you'll-need-it.

I think my kid is the cutest thing on the planet. Don't we all? But let's be realistic. He's easily the smallest kid in his class. He's a little pokey with everything. He loves Star Wars, science and thinks he's gonna be a ninja cause he's Korean. Not your typical dreamboat. But according to his teacher, many girls love my little guy. This will go down as my favorite age for "liking" someone. They like him cause he's the nicest kid. Not the most athletic. Not the best looking. Not the coolest. But because he's the nicest. Lord help me when THAT wears off.

But..he's done with school for the summer. He's had 2 playdates already and more to go. My guy is in heaven. He loves having NO schedule whatsoever. I do too.

On one of his very last days of class they celebrated his birthday. Only because his birthday is in August. Ryan and I went to watch and man oh man did he love it.



He doesn't embarrass easily, but they sing..."Happy Birthday to you...CHA CHA CHA!!!" And it cracked me the hell up. When he saw me laugh, his little mouth twisted into a knot, and he cheeks flushed crimson. Oh brother. I'm already embarrassing him.

Girls love him. And I embarrass him. I guess he's 5 and a half going on 15. It's ok. His sister is already practicing her teen years. Why wouldn't he.?

No comments: