Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summertime!





Doesn't this look like fun? Wish it wasn't totally out of the question for me to "slip and or slide". Most likely I would "bust and or break" my way down.

I have never been fond of this season. With all it's hot, and humid, and bugs that bite and leave huge ugly red welts. (By the way I have a mosquito bite in the middle of my forehead. I look like I have put a Tilaka on.) And I'm just not down with the lack of clothing that is required in the summertime. I like my turtlenecks, and jeans, and boots, and scarves, and heavy duty sweaters.

But my kids love the summer. They can prance around in very little clothing...cause don't all kids like to do that? And they don't have any responsibility. And they love the outdoors.

My kids are in love with this Slip -n- Slide. It's a double width, with some kind of inflatable boards to ride on. I never had one growing up, and so that must be why I am ALL OVER getting one for them.

We were at my parents house with cousin E. The Slip -n- Slide is travel ready too! I mean really. Best summer toy ever.

My favorite photo here is the one where E looks deranged. Don't know why it cracks me up. There are my two smiling all sweetly and there is E.....all his personality in one photo. I love that face he's making.

These kids will hopefully be close when they get older and look back at these photos and think...."man my mom/aunt was obsessed with the damn camera." Cindi and I will look back and think...."Damn those kids were cute." I am most certainly going to miss this. Things are easy now.

I am starting to like summer a little. I know....crazy.

No comments: