Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First grade will be.....Interesting to say the least


Today Miles went to his first grade assessment. This is what I heard:

Teacher: Can you spell the word AND?

Miles: No. I can't remember that. Sometimes I forget things, I have a bad memory.

And on and on like that. I was sitting outside of the classroom thank God! If he had seen my face...the face that said, "WHAT THE FUCK?!?" he would have "remembered" how to spell AND. You can put good money on that too.

Here's what I know about Miles. He's lazy. Lazy when it comes to reading and writing. He can do math like some kind of crazy savant. He also has a photographic memory with about 99% of things....things HE'S interested in. The other 1% is stuff that requires thinking and learning about things non-Star Wars related and so on, if you get my drift.

How frustrating is THAT?!? I mean....we just were reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone together. He was reading it with me. Ugh! That kid.

I can tell you what. When we got to the parking lot I said, "Miles. How do you spell AND?" He said, "A-N-D." That's an easy one mom.

There are currently clumps of my hair in the elementary school parking lot.

1 comment:

McVal said...

LOL! He setting the bar low so the teacher will think he's progressed incredibly far this year... B.r.i.l.l.i.a.n.t.