Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too fast! TOO FAST!

Well as promised...here it is. The birthday weekend blog. I write with a heavy heart, as I realize my kids are 4 and 6. I know...it doesn't SEEM that old, but it is. Claire is huge. Miles is getting...well bigger. *sigh*

Ok...well I did a quick little something about Miles' party. There wasn't much more to tell. We had very little time after the movie. But here are all the boys.


There is one other photo from Miles' party I HAVE GOT TO PUT UP! It's little JW. He's a friend of Miles'. The story is...all the kids in this family, (there are 3) eat like crazy! It's an ongoing joke sort of. My friend K said she's sending her kids to her neighbors once a week for dinner when they become teens cause they WILL eat her out of house and home.

We had very little time to eat and do gifts, and the boys were super amped up on sugar, sodium and fizzy drinks. They were bouncing off the walls. Literally. But sure enough. Little JW was sitting at the dinner table finishing his dessert. I love this kid!


Claire's party on the other hand was madness. 12 kids. We did have 15 originally, but two went out of town at the last minute and one got sick. So we had 12 kids. Making cupcakes at the local bakery. It was awesome. If you ever want to do something easy and fun for a birthday party..... this bakery will help you decorate your own cupcakes for $1.50 a kid. And you get to take home all the left over things. Frosting, sprinkles, and cupcakes. That's it too. They have a room for you and a "bakery assistant." Major hit.




Once we got back to the house, we did pizza and stuff. Then the girls ate their cupcakes. Yay! Easy and fun. There was much girly business. Dress up, naked Barbies everywhere as promised. Claire's room smelled like Cherry lip gloss. Most of the girls left with purple eyeshadow. And being we don't have ANY purple eyeshadow, I imagine they used purple lipgloss. Sticky. And Ryan did in fact toss back a few. Good man. I don't know what he would have done otherwise. It was a lot of pink and girl. I venture to say, it was a tad much for me too. But the party was a hit. And the kids were happy. I certainly needed to hit the bottle once all the kids left.





Basically the parties went well. We did keep ourselves very busy this weekend. And the kids had a blast. I would say this last photo sums up the whole of it.

I'm sad they are getting so big so fast. But I have to say. I love their funny personalities. They make my day. Most of the time.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

yep, that's my boy.