Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm the BEST mom!

(My friends Jaime and Jill have said, when you capitalize, you are showing sarcasm. I am utilizing this rule in the title.)

As you may know Ryan is on a work trip. This means many visits with my parents to just hang out. And poor little Miles was having a blast at my parents house last night. Playing with his cousin and racing Claire in the driveway.

When this happened.


It looks far better then it did last night. Last night I was cleaning up the dinner dishes at my parents house when I heard Miles bawling.

Usually when I hear him crying, it's because he has been fighting with his cousin. But not this time. It was THAT cry. You know the one, where you drop everything cause your kid is really REALLY hurt.

And sure as shit he was. I came into the dining room where my mom, sister, Claire and Ethan were all hovering over a screaming Miles. Who when the wash cloth was removed, had blood streaming and gushing down his face. Both nostrils were bleeding and his mouth looked like he ate glass.

Poor kid. It took him a long time to calm down. When his nose stopped bleeding we had already gone through 3 washcloths. And the lips...well I had to call the clinic about it. I asked them if he may need stitches. They said no. His lips had been 'punctured' *gag* and the rest had a layer of skin scraped off thanks to the blacktop driveway. Then they told me I had to get the rocks out of his lips.

Jesus! So I did my best. Laid him on the kitchen table with peroxide, water, tweezers, LED flashlight, and a magnifying glass. And got myself to work. Thank god the shock had numbed his mouth. I was able to get most out. With the exception of a few grains of dirt. But not altogether bad. I think I did pretty good. I almost lost my dinner more then once, so.....yay me.

All the while, I heard Ethan crying hysterically cause he had never seen so much blood, and Claire kept coming in and out to "check on her brother one more time".

When I actually called Ryan, the tears began to flow. Not Miles, me. I was so calm throughout the entire incident that I know it freaked my sister out. But as soon as he was fine, and I was talking to Ryan, I bawled.

It was bad. Very bad. So......5 blood soaked cloths later, we bathed, jammied up, went home, and just hung out watching cartoons, dabbing blood away the entire time. We all went to bed at 10 and woke at 8am. Talk about trauma. For us all.

Can't wait for Ryan to come home tomorrow afternoon. I promise this. I will be on break. Friday night, I will be off duty. Between the hormonal surge, the weather, the accidents, and oh I forgot to tell about how Claire has decided to pee her pants, just because. Oh and that....I'm done for the week.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Nice. I say blog and you blog. Sorry about Miles.

Unknown said...

Poor Miles! :) and Poor YOU! How traumatic indeed!

beth said...

poor miles! and let's be totally fair...poor you! that's all i can say. feel better, both of you!

Jilly said...

Ouch

Heidi said...

I can see why you almost lost your supper!!! I got wheezy a few times while reading the description, trauma and how I would feel if it were my kid!!! GLAD you all made it through!!!!

Small steps at our house...........................

Kelly said...

And now he is a better man for it.