Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Really Jon and Kate?

I just watched the Season Premiere of Jon and Kate plus 8. Annoying.

I used to think this show was really cute. There aren't that many Asians on tv, and my kids loved to see it. Miles thought one of the boys on the show was him for a long time. At one point we had to assure him he was not doing the show in his sleep. Hee hee.

I liked this show because it was a stay at home mom who was 'normal'. She yelled at her kids and her spouse when she was pissed. Who the hell doesn't do that? They scrimped and saved and calculated all throughout a grocery store cause, they, like most of us with kids didn't have tons of money. They lived in a house that was far to small for all their damn kids. But they were cute. And I liked it.

As the season's progressed, they were given free trips. No biggie. But then the free plastic surgery. Really? Plastic surgery? Jeez.

And then last season they somehow were able to afford a huge ass house. With acreage. ACREAGE! Come people. Not so much with the 'normal' anymore if you ask me. Oh, but the yelling at the kids and husband continued. But it isn't so cute anymore when they are yelling in a big beautiful home and she looks like a "Real Housewife of the OC". Why that is I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just jealous.

But, amidst all the gossip and monkey business....I am annoyed. I don't care that they are both cheating on each other. I don't care. Like we didn't think that was ever going to happen. I mean for God's sake. They had 8 kids before they were 30. But what I can't stand is this.

In the season premiere this year, Kate talks about how she will do it 'alone'. Well the 78492 PA's, nurses, nannies, and other assorted lackys don't count apparently. And they are doing separate interviews. Jon, looking like a, beat into submission puppy, and Kate, doing the verbal beating. I say verbal cause they haven't REALLY caught the other kind on film. Yet.

And she doesn't stop talking about the "paparazzi" being around.

Double annoying.

If she didn't want the attention, then why the hell would she dress up in heels to go shopping with 8 kids to the party supply store? I certainly don't do that. And I only have 2 kids.

Ehhh...maybe I'm just a schlep who doesn't pride myself, on well, myself. So ok.....change of attitude. Good for you Kate, mother of 8. You are a put together woman. You have a fancy haircut and fancy clothes and can wear heels while wrestling 6 five year olds, and 2 eight year olds, while carrying in 10 party supply store bags. You should have your own show.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Sue. I have always LOVED this show. Could watch it for hours. I agree though...they have made tons off of it. I read her blog last night and some comments that someone made...they said the real reason they did the show was to document their children's lives, get it all on tape, and put the kids first etc. Someone commented that if that is still their purpose then put the kids first and get off the air until this chapter is done. We all know the eye rolling occurs in relationships, we all know that spouses annoy each other, but I am not sure I would want this next chapter all caught on tape!!! Now I can relate to some stuff, sad but true, but maybe it is time for them to tune the rest of us off and figure out their business. I realize there are contracts etc. but alter something then!!! I was just thinking about them this AM and wondered what TLC would do with a "reality" show of a single mom, two kids, going it alone....guessing the ratings wouldn't be as good......so maybe that show wouldn't get them the acreage!!!
Basically. I agree.
It is weird to see her in heals...she used to just be in sweats all the time, I really liked that Kate!!!

McVal said...

My 14 year old has followed this show from the beginning, but I've never got into it. I basically follow it thru Joel McHale's eyes on the Soup show... Several months ago, he made a joke about their sniping at each other by saying that a new show was going to start soon called "Jon minus nine". That cracked me up at the time! Now it's not so funny. It's amazing how fame can change people. I hope their marriage survives, but I don't think it can while still on the air. They might want to document their kids lives, but they can do that in the privacy of their home with their own little video camera... And leave all the relationship garbage out. Which of their kids will want to watch that someday?

beth said...

i can't say enough how much i don't like this show anymore. i used to love it when kate was like the rest of us, but a show about two parents staying home wiht eight kids in a huge house on multiple acres and a private organic chef somehow doesn't appeal to me anymore. i'm pretty sure i'd rather watch a "real housewives" show (i'm not sure, because i've never seen any of those). the other things that makes me lose my marbles, is that they are famous because of their children. if they have no respect for one another and think that cheating is acceptable, at least show some respect for your kids and DON'T CHEAT. it's one thing if a marraige ends, but to handle things like they are, is ridiculous.

beth said...

here's an update on my opinion of them...i am totally done with kate. do you know that she shops FOR FREE at gymboree?!?!?!?! how annoying is that. she can frickin' afford the place. i'm done with them forever now. i hope they both get std's from cheating now. i'm kidding (kind of).

SJT said...

STD's?!? Beth!!! Hilarious! I would wish the clap on them if they got free stuff from Gap kids. Gymboree? Eh....

And I didn't know about their organic personal chef. I thought I saw Cheetos last night in the show.

beth said...

maybe cheetos has a new organic line. i keep hoping that there will be an episode where kate is away and jon takes them to mc donalds in their pajamas and skip their naps.
ps - i'm down with gapkids, too. hell, i'd take the children's place!

Heidi said...

I'd take Savers for free if it just meant plain ole free!!!!!!!! The "perks" are a tad bit ridiculous!