Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Diego...I hate you

Last night you ask? Not so cool. As you know, Ryan is out of town. As you also know, I despise, hate, and strongly object to whispering kids in the middle of the night. It's just too creepy for me.

Well that being said. I awoke at 3:23 am to Claire, sitting up, facing away from me, facing the wall, WHISPERING!

ME: Claire....who are you whispering to?
HER: *silence* she promptly laid down
ME: Claire....who are you talking to? You need to go to bed. You have school.
HER *whisper whisper whisper*
ME: Seriously Claire...Honey...who are you talking to?
HER: *whisper whisper* Diego is talking to me...shhhhh mommy I can't hear.

Ha ha ha....yeah.....not cool.

I asked her to come into my bed, because I thought, maybe she just wasn't tired. But the whispering continued. For 2 and one half hours people. All the while I am saying things like, "Claire, sweetie you have to go to sleep. No more whispering please."

I was trying to stay calm, as I didn't want to provoke 'whoever' she was talking to. Cause I was tired and my brain was going bonkers. Like....who is ACTUALLY talking to her? Why is Diego holding 2 hour conversations with my daughter? Can I burn Diego and not have her cry? Can I burn Diego and not have something 'bad' happen to me?

Diego is a full child sized stuffed thing. Given to Claire by my 5 year old nephew. He didn't want it anymore, and just handed it over to Claire. I NEVER AGREED TO IT. CINDI!!!!! But Claire loves Diego. More then Dora. So it's here. She takes it all over the place.

This is a photo of my friend's son. See how much he HATES this Diego too?

Anyway....I called Ryan at 3:45 am. Yes that's right. I called him. Cause in my infinite wisdom, and freaked out self, I was not about to deal with this shit alone. Travel be damned. Besides, it was almost 5am where he was. And I knew he would be up. And he was. But help? No. He just laughed. Just wait until you get home pal.

I wonder if....

DIEGO + Creepy whispering to my kid = CHUCKY?

Awwwww crap.

1 comment:

beth said...

very creepy. is she whispering to him in spanish? then you really have a problem.