Sunday, May 10, 2009

Until they're gone....it's all about them.


Today is Mother's Day. I'm a mother. Ha ha.... a bad Mother Fucker!
No no no......just a little Mother's Day humor to get the day started.

My kids woke me up with breakfast in bed today. It was nice. Ryan actually made the breakfast, but the kids brought in the gifts. A book I love, and a garden gnome. I love garden gnomes. They crack me up. They look to me, like my uncle Tom. Ha ha ha ha.......

But Mother's Day, and Father's Day for that matter doesn't mean celebrating me or Ryan. No matter what WE want to do, it's all about our parents. Always has been.....always will be.

No matter what we want to do that day, we have the family obligations. No exceptions. Up until I was a mother, I was responsible for planning and usually hosting the family get togethers. Both sides too. Once I became a mom, that ended.

I'm not really sure why? Maybe it was the obvious sleep deprivation. Maybe the seething venom that came out my mouth, whenever anyone asked me a question or made a comment about anything. Or the "I WILL cut you" look I gave off, every time anyone asked me to do anything other then breath. Or the simple fact, my side of the family, knew better then to ask me. They JUST KNEW BETTER.

But.....like the title indicates, it's not about me or Ryan even though we are moms and dads. It's about THEM. At least until they're gone. And then...knowing MY mom...it will still somehow be about her. She's like that. And I love her.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

aaawwwww...

beth said...

couldn't agree more. my mother's day isn't even really about my mom yet, it is still about her mother! it's worth it though. by the way...that is my most favorite card ever! i've been given it like four times now!