Saturday, May 16, 2009

When will I learn?

So...I really really really REALLY need to pay closer attention to Ryan when he talks to me about work.

But it's sooooo hard. (And yes I was whining when I said that.) Be me for a moment. Ryan is a techie. A major computer geek. He does some of the most progressive internet security that I imagine is out there. He works for a contract company and usually ends up working for huge companies. I mean huge! So huge I am NOT ALLOWED to give examples. But just know...big.

So when he starts in with all the BlueCoat, PKI, Intrusion Detection mumbo jumbo...I hear this....."wha wha wha wha wha.....wha" Ala trombone/Charlie Brown grown up speak.

But as of late it has really burned me. Last week, I found out he would be in Michigan for 2 full weeks. So we are one week down, one to go. He leaves again Monday morning. But yesterday as he was talking to me on his way to the airport, he was 'wha wha-ing' about some other trips. Something about DC and then Boston.

*EEEEERRRRRR* Did you hear that screech? Well I did.

ME: "You mean to tell me you are going to be gone for another 3 weeks on top of the one you were just gone?!"

HIM: "Yeah. I told you that before I left for Michigan."

ME: "NO YOU DIDN'T!"

HIM: "Yeah, I did."

So I guess I believe him, but I don't like it. Really. I don't like this at all. I thought, well I can handle a week and maybe half of another one. But oh no. 4 weeks in a row?!?!?!

Seriously! If I didn't know my husband so well, I would say his 'imaginary' girlfriend is getting some serious face time. It's laughable really. If you knew Ryan it would be laughable to you too. We joke about it. It's funny because, she would have to be super boring to want to go where he is going. Cause lord knows. My husband is NOT the adventurous type. He never leaves his hotel room except to work, run, eat and shop for the kids. Otherwise he is on the phone with us, or the webcam. And really, what female wants to eat at Subway for an entire week, for every meal but breakfast? Not even me friends. That's for sure. And I married the man. I will say...there is no way Ryan has a woman on the side. The only thing getting in between me and Ryan, is all this damn work. CURSES to you travel!

Here I am. Annoyed at myself. I didn't listen, and now I haven't sufficiently prepared myself to be a single parent for the next month. Crap.

This means, NOW I'm going to have to listen to him when he talks to me about work stuff. Or start out each work conversation with, "Do you have to go anywhere?" Not cool people. NOT COOL.

No comments: