Monday, January 19, 2009

Creepy shit going on over here.

Last night was a doozie.

Claire has been getting up in the middle of the night and coming into our room. In the past she would come into bed with us, but after my post about the "family bed", I felt it was time to change that hippie business.

So she sleeps on this Dora fold out sofa next to my bed. See.....not IN my bed. She loves it. When she does wake up, she just comes into our room, announces she is there and lays down and goes right back to sleep. I have slept better then ever before.

Last night..not so lucky. Claire came into our room. Stopped by her Dora bed and just stood there. Then she tried to climb into bed with me. WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!! So I, as gently as possible at 1:24 am, encouraged her to go into her Dora bed. She reluctantly did. But I looked over and she was all squished up in the corner of the bed. Weird right?

Then about 30 minutes into it, she stands up, pulls the blankets back and climbs into my bed. I say..."Claire...you should sleep in your Dora bed." She says without hesitation, "There is a man and boy in my bed."

HUH?

So I let her lay with me for a bit. She kept looking over to her little EMPTY bed on the floor and then covering her eyes. So I just said...."man and boy you need to leave Claire's bed so she can go to sleep. We are all tired!" And with that...done and done. Or so I thought. As soon as I was about to tell Claire they were gone she said, "it didn't work mommy. They are still there. They not moving."

Now, my daughter is only 2. She isn't old enough to be THAT manipulative. Right? Or at the very least she isn't quite that clever yet. Suffice it to say, Ryan was scared shitless. He said it is too many of those Korean Horror movies he watches. Cute little Korean kids who see creepy ghosts and whatnot. He jumped about a mile when Miles woke up to pee. Ha ha.....but all went quiet about 4:30 this morning.
Yes...you read that right. 4:30 am. We were up dealing with the man and boy that whole time. Creepy assholes not letting me sleep. ARGH!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I would be sleeping with the lights on. Or, more accurately, NOT sleeping but with the lights on.