Thursday, January 29, 2009

As seen on TV

A friend of mine from college just got his Snuggie from tv. You know the one.....the big blanket with arms? You also get a free mini book light and if you call now, you get double the Snuggie for the price of one.

I totally want one. I love fleece! And I do find it annoying that my arms get all jumbled up in a blanket when the phone rings.

Anyone who comes to our house probably wants one too. It is always a balmy 59 degrees in our basement in the winter.

I also want the Shamwow! I mean.....that thing is magic! It cleans up anything. Just think how clean my kitchen and bathroom would be with it. WOW!

Another friend's husband is a major sucker for informercials. I mean...he likes them, and is highly impressed with the abundance of wonders that modern science and Ron Popiel come up with. Apparently he can't NOT buy the things he sees. They have at least 3 Magic Bullets in their house. I love it!

There are two things that make me not so impressed. The first....that guy who sells Kaboom...you know the one. Billy Mays. That guy yells A LOT! I often have to turn the volume down on my tv when he comes on. He bugs. The second...my friend who got the Snuggie, said he is getting tons of solicitations. Bummer. That is the biggest reason I think.

Thank god I can get this stuff at the "As Seen on TV" store at the Mall O' America or on the end caps at Target. God....I love Target. But that's another story.

See what being sick for a few days, sitting in front of a tv does to me?

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Snuggie's are dumb ... get a robe man.
ShamWow ... that's a whole other story. I want 30 of them.