Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Try explaining it to the garbage lady

This is going to be a TMI post. If you have a weak stomach, I recommend you just skip this one altogether.

Claire has had the stomach flu since Saturday morning. Barfing all day Saturday then the schmotz since Sunday. Still going strong in case you were wondering.

Ryan was up ALL last night sick sick sick......violently sick. I just shudder. Let's leave it at that.

And of course....TA DA!!!!! I got something that is making me NOT OK. Sort of in between what Claire and Ryan have. Either way....suffice it to say I need to be close to home.

Poor Miles. He is just healthy as can be right now. (yes of course I am knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, avoiding black cats and ladders..all that stuff)He has a day full of Star Wars Legos and Star Wars movie marathon. Only because none of us has the energy to do anything but sit and be. Oh and blog apparently.

So back to Claire.....she has the schmotz as I have said previously. Gross since she isn't potty trained yet. She went through two pairs of PJ's last night all in an hour. And before she went to bed. Ryan, in his barfy stupor, went to check her around 3 am. He said...the smell in her room almost made him run for the bathroom again.

Yep...she crapped in her sleep and had been in it most of the night. At least that was the indication as it was dried all over her, the bed, pj's and whatever else was in a 2 foot radius of her ass.

So...we bring a sleeping baby into the bathroom, blare on the lights and proceed to clean her up. All the while she is yelling..."I don't like showers!" Poor kid. Then Ryan ran to the bathroom downstairs.

I called our garbage company today to see how much it would be for them to haul out her mattress as it can't be salvaged. AT ALL. Poor lady. I had to tell her the whole story and she told me she would have to call in "a different truck, one that deals with bodily fluids." Gaaaaahhh!!!!!

At this point, Claire is lethargic, crabby, and super sad. But hydrated!!! I am a Nazi about that business. Her Pediatrician said the stomach flu has been lasting 4-5 days. Hmmmmmm......guess that means Ryan and I are in for a fun next few days.

I wonder how we are going to take care of 2 kids under the age of 5 while lying on the sofa half passed out? Oh did I mention I called my parents and asked them to bring by some Gatorade, Ginger Ale and Soda crackers. But just to leave them at the front door and make a run for it.

1 comment:

Jeffy said...

Sorry to hear about all that craziness at your house. I hope everyone feels better soon!